Research Administration works closely with PIs, the Office of Sponsored Projects, and Extramural Funds Accounting to provide overall administrative support including, but not limited to, the following functions.
- Reviewing proposal budgets to see that the amounts budgeted seem reasonable for the various types of projected expenditures.
- Reviewing and approving all transactions involving the commitment of grant funds. Providing regular financial summaries and projections of expenditures to PIs.
- Consulting with PIs to determine how best to meet their changing financial needs.
- Ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with terms and conditions of the award and with university policy.
- Reviewing and tracking cost sharing and/or matching fund commitments set forth in the proposal and making recommendations to the Dean; providing cost-sharing information to Extramural Funds for reporting purposes.
- Assisting with the closing of grants.
As a general resource, you should use this page to assist you in locating information in regards to various accounting questions, procedures, forms and guidelines in conjunction with your assigned research analyst and the business office.